- 2 lbs of oxtail or beef bone or brisket
- 1 white onion - charred
- 1 medium white daikon or red apple
- 1 piece of ginger - charred
- 1 bag of roasted pho spices (any kind)
- 1 piece of rock sugar (about thumb size)
- 2 tablespoon of chicken builion
- 2 tablespoons of pho paste (you can substitute w salt and/or fish sauce)
- Fill the water to one line below max (note that IP only recommend fill up to 2/3 of pot for pressure cooking and to max for slow cook)
- Close the lid and and turn pressure to seal on top of the lid
- press beef stew.
- Once the cooking is done. Leave at least 10-15 mins before u release the pressure valve then open the lid.
- At this time you can switch to sauté button to add extra fish sauce or any spices to taste.
- I cooked the Pho oxtail and brisket again. Loving the results! This is a pic before cooking. I have the 8 qt pot.
- 2 lb oxtail (rinse)
- 2 lb brisket (rinse)
- Knob of ginger (peel and smash)
- Pho spice pack
- One gallon of water (less for smaller pots)
- 3 Tablespoons each of salt and sugar (make sure to do equal parts less sugar and salt if you have the 6 qt pot)
- Press beef/stew 35 minutes
- Natural pressure release for at least 30 minutes. Release vent.
- Removed brisket, spice bags, ginger, onion and added two small cans of boiled chicken broth. And bo vien (meatball)
- I also added bo Tai (sliced rare steak) to my bowl.
- Blanch your noodles
- Green onions
- Bean sprouts
- Thai basil
- Hoisin sauce
- Sriracha sauce