Oxtail with root vegetable soup using IP.
It was a Costco love affair for my family yesterday. Almost all ingredients used was from Costco.
Simple and easy but my family loves it.
- One pack of oxtail
- 2 yellow onions (1 chunky cut, the other one quartered)
- 2 shallots - sliced
- Carrots - cut bite size then divide into 2 portions
- Handful of classic baby creamers potatoes - halved
- Ginger - sliced and lightly smashed
- Chicken broth
- Salt, pepper, fish sauce, and rock sugar to taste
- In sauté mode, heat up oil, add sliced gingers. Caramelized for a minute or so then add shallots. Sauté both until shallots are golden brown. Add chicken broth, half of the carrots, the quartered onion, and oxtails. Add rock sugar, salt, fish sauce. Set high pressure, 30 mins, quick release. Remove the quartered onion and carrots, discard them.
- Add the potatoes, the rest of the carrot, onions. High pressure, 3 mins, then quick release. Season again to taste.
- Garnished with parley and black pepper
Nancyy Cao made this soup and suggested to add daikon if you don’t want to use rock sugar. Remove daikon along with the quartered onions and carrots after 30 mins.