For 8-quart IP Broth:
- - 4 large chicken leg quarters
- - 5-inch daikon (peeled and halved) - optional
- -1 onion (toasted to slighly charred)
- -1 large ginger (peeled, toasted to slightly charred)
- -2 bags of Pho seasoning (prefer Pasteur brand)
- - about 7 tbsp of Quoc Viet Chicken soup base
- - 2 thumb-sized pieces rock sugar
Extra Protein and Noodle:
- - 2 bags of fresh Pho noodle (cook according to package instructions), 1 bag usually makes 4 bowls
- -Beef balls (totally optional)
Serving vegetables and condiments:
- - Bean sprouts
- - Basil and/or Culantro
- - chopped green onion
- - Sliced jalaperio pepper
- - Hoisin Sauce Sriracha Sauce
- - Ground pepper
- Wash chicken really well with salt and warm sink water (use vinegar too if you want), trim fat and extra skin as needed. Place all ingredients into inner pot. Pour 7 cups of BOILING water to cover ingredients. Set Manual/Pressure Cook, High Pressure, for 8 minutes. Allow 5 minutes NPR. Slowly release pressure by turning the knob to venting.
- Once pressure is released, open lid and pull out chicken and submerge into an ice bath to avoid over cooking the chicken and for it to turn brown. Wait about 10 to 15 minutes to de•bone chicken. Pull and discard onion and daikon. Add about 10 more cups of boiling water. Cancel "Keep Warm" mode and switch to Saute to bring the broth to a boil. Season to YOUR taste with additional salt, mushroom seasoning, soup base and/or rock sugar. You can add beef balls at this point if you like extra protein!
- To serve, add Pho noodle and chicken meat to a bowl. Ladle the boiling broth over noodle. Spinkle with chopped green onion and cilantro. Add sliced white onion and ground pepper on top. Serve with fresh bean sprouts, basil/culantro, Hoisin and Sriracha sauce.
if you use a whole chicken increase cook time to 12 minutes, Quick release or 5 minutes NPR for more tender chicken.